Sunday, May 30, 2010

Day # 4 - It's easy when you take your mind from it.

So I was really busy yesterday which helped keep me away from the things I shouldn't be near (for the sake of this experiment, anyway.) Saturdays and Sundays are my busiest days. I had a big event and several smaller things going on. My son AJ was with me most of the time so we talked and that helped keep my mind on him and not on the negative influences.

I listened to music and was able to engage people in conversations that had nothing to do with what's happening in the world - just being nice and friendly. It was great.

This is turning out to be pretty easy.

DISCLAIMER: At one point I turned on the radio and someone was talking about the brave men and women who have served our country. It took a moment for me to realize it was the president talking. Once I noticed, I turned it off. Of course, our illustrious commander in chief has given so many speeches in his time in the White House that I don't think they count as news anymore. But, I felt I should say it.

I listened to a little 80's music and not much else. I listened to about an hour of a book on CD about Nixon and Kissinger - what a screwed up pair they were!

Still reading Hemingway when I am home - A Farewell to Arms.

On Monday I will begin my education in earnest.

See ya!

Adolfo

Start building your Success Library!
Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment