Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day # 152 - Discovery

This journey has led to self-discovery, which was not unexpected. I knew that I would learn something about myself in this time of refocusing. I had no idea what to expect and that’s really what’s been the best part. Every day has been an opportunity to learn something new, about life, about people, and about myself. I find that God is using me in ways I never thought He would, and all I can say is that I want more of it. I find myself wanting to help others, wanting to be more for others, wanting to be more than I’ve ever been before.

I find myself waking up to pray and ask for guidance as the journey becomes more challenging. I find myself shifting from ambition to meaning. I want to help others even more than I want to help myself. I am becoming a secondary consideration in my own life and I have never felt better about myself. I feel as if I have discovered a new facet of my being and I am as excited as a parent holding a newborn. I am excited about the possibilities and the promises I am holding in my hands and I am humbled by the responsibility. I do not feel complete, and I doubt I ever will, but I feel as if my direction is clearer than ever. I feel like I finally have someplace to go, even if I don’t know where it is.

I feel a love in my heart I never felt before. I feel as if anger is leaving my universe, leaving only room for love and fellowship. I think I may be growing up – shocking to those who know me but somehow true nonetheless. Now, all I can think about is continuing to grow and finding ways to share what I am feeling and learning every day. I am not yet a man in full, but I am getting there. Every day in every way, I improve just a little bit. Every day I get closer to my potential. This is an exciting time. I can’t sleep and wake up energized and I love every moment of the day, even the moments I should be hating. I wish everyone can experience this.

Hopefully, I’ll help people discover this for themselves. This is too good not to
share.

- Adolfo

No comments:

Post a Comment