Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day # 222 - Not Yet

A friend of mine left me a message a couple of days congratulating me on surviving A Year Without News and asking what was next. I have 143 days to go yet, but I'm still chugging along. I sometimes wish it had been 2010 without news, but... a year is a year.

Of course, the question of what will come next is one I keep hearing, from others and from myself. What will I do when this year is up, what will this experience mean? Will I look back with fondness or will I wonder what on earth I was doing, or some combination of both?

I guess the beauty is that I really don't know what will happen when the year is up. I don't even know what I will write about tomorrow. I think this will serve as a journal, providing insight into what I was like as I approached 40. I think my children might enjoy reading it one day. I hope they will.

So, as for what's next, I guess we'll see tomorrow. Whatever else, it's been fun. I know some of the posts have been better than others, and I'm okay with that. Writing nonfiction every day is hard work. But this is a lot like going to the gym. This is about the simple discipline of getting up and doing what has to be done. Really, what else is there?

143 days to go. Seems daunting. This isn't a leap year is it?

God bless you. Make it your best day yet.

- Adolfo

No comments:

Post a Comment