Friday, January 14, 2011

Day # 230 - Keep Moving Forward

I'm in a funk, as we all can be from time to time. I don't want to write, but here I am. It's been a long time, but I'm pretty sure I've written on this subject before. Why am I doing it? Because I committed to. Because this is something want and need to do.

It's easy to keep moving forward when the path is clear and the wind is at your back, but it's when you're in the dark and can't see your hand in front of your face that you must never give up. Rest during the easy times because you won't get a chance to during the rough times.

I find that the very nature I thought I had escaped, the dark, brooding, pessimistic side of my personality, tries to take over at the first sign of trouble. When I'm tired, it's easy to give in to it. It's like cheating on a diet: you know you shouldn't but it's easy and comforting. Odd that I should describe negativity as comforting, but what else could it be? Why else would our inclination be toward the self-destructive if it wasn't offering us some benefit?

Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal. It's important you remember where you need to go, not where you are or what's hindering you or what's in your way.

Don't be afraid to reprimand yourself when you're off course, just as you should reward yourself for even the small victories. You're never too old for a little positive reinforcement.

It also helps to pray. It helps a lot. Don't be shy about asking friends and family to pray for you, and never forget to pray for them.

God bless you. Make it a great day and keep your eyes on the prize.

- Adolfo

No comments:

Post a Comment