Sunday, January 30, 2011

Days 248 - 252 - Homecoming

I was able to visit with my little cousin yesterday. She is recovering. She is hurting. She finds herself in the odd position of needing comfort and being exhausted by visitors. So much for a young woman to bear.

Maybe sometimes the best thing we can offer is time and distance. Maybe being there sometimes means not being there. Sometimes all you can do is pray and send blessings to the people you want to help, even when your heart and head are screaming that you should be there. Knowing the difference is key.

Of course, the physical component of the tragedy will heal long before the mental and emotional ones will. To have a loved one depart is difficult, to have it happen in a sudden, violent fashion that leaves you with the last words you would have shared with them stuck in your throat, is incomprehensible.

God needed angels. We cannot argue. We can only thank Him for allowing us to enjoy the company of these angels for so long. We will enjoy the memories until our reunion and then we'll pick up right where we left off.

We are now a family that is hurting and in need of closure. We are stuck in the healing process due to circumstances beyond our control. Most of us still cannot believe it. Yesterday, as I walked through my cousin's empty house, still decked out in Christmas decorations, I still couldn't get what was happening. I know it's good to cry, to let it out, but it only comes in fits. It doesn't just burst like it's supposed to - or like I think it's supposed to. That will come in time, and we will continue our lives, even as we never quite move on.

I would love to get back to writing more uplifting things, and I will. I just have to deal with this first. I know that, like a cut, if you don't tend to it and assist the injury in healing, it could become infected and get worse and worse. I am healing. I am getting better and better.

God bless you. Make it your best day yet.

- Adolfo

No comments:

Post a Comment