Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day # 167 - Self-fulfilling Prophecies

The "fall back" change in time has me out of sorts. I'm sleepy by nine and up before 2:00AM every day. It happens every year. Why does it happen every year? Because I expect it to happen every year; because I just said it happens every year. It is a self-fulfilling prophecy because I choose to fulfill it.

A self-fulfilling prophecy is something that doesn't really exist. We decide if the prophecy will come true or not. We determine the future, not blind luck or "fate." Fate and destiny are negotiable. Never forget that.

I think back to my teachers when I was a kid and how many of them told me how full of promise and potential I was. I think I should have listened. They prophecied that I would be a great man. I chose not to fulfill that prophecy (for a while, anyway.)

On of the central themes of this blog is that you will meet yourself at your expectations. If you expect to be great, you will be. If you expect less, you'll be less. No one decides this but you. Until I stop expecting to have a hard time sleeping after the end of Daylight Savings Time, I will continue to have a hard time sleeping. Until I expect great things, I will have to settle for mediocrity.

Say what you want out loud. Don't just say you want it. Say it as if you already have it. "I am successful," or, "I have a happy marriage," Whatever you want, you must believe you already have it. Visualize your ideal self, the more successful you, and let the prophecy be fulfilled!

God bless you. Expect a great day - you will get it!

- Adolfo

No comments:

Post a Comment