Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day # 174 - Big Brother

While my aim has been to avoid news, there are often stories that are so pervasive, so ever-present, that I can't help hearing about them and forming an opinion - something I've been known to do sometimes.

What I'm referring to is the airport scanner / pat-down situation the administration has decided to throw at us just a week or so before the busiest travel day of the year. In case you're even more uninformed than I am, the Transportation Safety Administration (TSA) has installed full body scanners in airports in an effort to stop terrorists from getting on planes. The problem is that these scanners leave nothing to the imagination. It also turns out the images of your naked body will be stored. Of course, you can opt for a groping, I mean, a pat-down, which is roughly the equivalent of letting a TSA Stormtrooper slide into third base.

Our National Security Moron Janet Napolitano says the administration is considering an exception for women in Burkas. Have you seen the pictures of the nun and the three-year old girl being pat down? When was the last time a nun blew up a plane? And the only time babies blow up is in the cereal aisle. So, in the name of political correctness, air travel has now become a grope-fest.

I am reminded of the world I'm living in whenever I drive in Broward County, Florida in what used to be the United States of America. You can't stop at an intersection and not see the invasive eye of the camera staring at you from one direction or another. My point is, where does it end?

I gave up news and this makes me glad I did. It also makes me wish I hadn't. There is so much happening out there that I feel not being informed is almost dangerous. Maybe everything in moderation?

No. I feel much too positive to allow Comrade Obama and Company to creep back into my life.

I will say we could learn a lot from El Al, the Israeli airline. They don't probe or poke. They profile, and it works. Their safety record is perfect. No terrorist attacks on what is, by far, the hottest target on the planet. Forget political correctness and keep us safe while respecting our privacy. The day toddlers and grandmothers start blowing up planes, you'll have my support for this kind of nonsense - come to think of it, no. I'd rather give up my life than my freedom.

On a smaller scale, a kid named Andrew DeMarchis decided to sell cupcakes at the local park and was shut down by the cops when a councilman found out he was (gasp!) earning money without a permit. What a bastard! The kid is 12 years old! Remember lemonade stands, councilman? No, you're probably one of those spineless types who never had the stones to be entrepreneurial.

Dear Reader, I implore you, don't let the long arm of government get a hold of you. Soon after, its hand will be around your throat. Stand up for your rights. It's all we have.

- Adolfo

This has been an editorial and it most definitely reflects the views of Adolfo Jimenez

No comments:

Post a Comment