Saturday, September 4, 2010

Day # 100 - The First 100 Days of the Jimenez Administration

What can I say about my first 100 days? They were better than Barack Obama's first 100 days. I made no promises I didn't intend to keep. I find myself spreading the gospel of positivity and personal development.

I had a long conversation with a friend yesterday and I found myself counting how many times she said, "I can't." My children get punished if they say those words. Ten jumping jacks. And if this happens in a public place, they will do the jumping jacks right then and there. Those words are rarely heard in the Jimenez home.

I find myself changing and then falling back to my old ways. I often feel like I might lose my temper. I sometimes do (doesn't everyone?) but not like I used to. I find my negative self-talk finds its way into my noggin. I shut it off but it sometimes takes longer than it should. This is a result of comfort. That human desire to take it easy whenever possible - even subconsciously. I am recommitting to my goal today.

Lesson: The process of personal development never ends.

The negotiation I wrote about a couple of weeks ago continues. I am unable to give too many details at this point, but it's funny how everyone is gung-ho until it's time to write the check. Process versus Payment?

Lesson: When you get into a negotiation, know what you're getting into. If only out of respect for other people's time, you need to know your limits as well as your goals, so that once things are bigger than you're comfortable with, you can pull the plug and let the other parties explore other options.

So the quest continues. I am better than I was but nowhere near as good as I set out to be. 265 days to go.

- Adolfo

Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook
Follow A Year Without News

No comments:

Post a Comment