Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day # 104 - The Wisdom of Obi-Wan

I caught a few minutes of Return of the Jedi a couple of days ago. Yes, I watched a little TV but none of it was news. I was having a lazy day - I wrote about it yesterday.

The Obi-Wan hologram was warning Luke Skywalker to be mindful of his thoughts. This is good advice. Just as a running back will tell you that where your head goes, your body will follow; where your mind goes your life will follow.

What are your initial thoughts when you wake up each morning. Are they positive? How's your self-talk? Do you say, "Oh no, another day at my crappy job," or do you simply imagine yourself slapping the snot out of your boss or a co-worker?

What do you tell yourself? Do you even remember what you told yourself this morning before you got out of bed? Does your mind wander to negative, destructive places? I know mine tends to. I also know that a lot of that has to do with what I read (or watch) before going to bed. Last night I read the bible. Psalms 55 (Cast your cares upon the Lord and He will sustain you.)

When I woke up this morning, and the usual negative, nonsensical thoughts started running through my head, I would simply say, "stop," and "reset" and set my mind on more positive, productive paths. I plan to continue this throughout the day. Mood is a choice. It starts with the thoughts you choose to allow to swirl around in your head and continues with what you choose to do about them.

Lessons:

- Be mindful of your thoughts. While it's okay to let your mind wander, watch where it goes.
- Garbage in - garbage out. What you read and watch is going to affect your thinking. Make better choices.
- Engage in positive self-talk. When you're mind goes negative, order it to stop and correct your course.

Declarations:

- Day by day in every way I am getting better and better.
- I am in control of my thoughts. I am the master of my fate.
- I am a positive person.

God bless you. Make it your best day yet!

- Adolfo

Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook
Follow A Year Without News

No comments:

Post a Comment