Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day # 103 - Laziness

I didn't get much done yesterday. I mean, I got some work done. (I carry a laptop so my office is with me where ever I go.) But I still feel like it was a much less than productive day. Yes, I know, it was a holiday - a day traditionally spent lazing around a pool or barbecuing at the beach. But it was a Monday. Sometimes I feel like the time I have to accomplish the things I want to accomplish is so limited that wasting a day is like the eighth deadly sin.

I often refer to it as Blue-Collar Guilt. I come from an immigrant family. My parents never had office jobs, never worked in air conditioning. I tell people banking was my family business - because when I was a kid, my parents used to clean banks at night. I tagged along because there was no money for baby sitters. I didn't mind though. I used to load up on sugar from the tellers' candy dishes.

I know I owe it to my parents to do my best. I also owe it to my kids to do my best. Most of all, I owe it to myself. So, we'll call yesterday an aberration. I'm sure it will happen again - or maybe I just need to stop being so uptight about days off.

Whatever. Tuesday is the new Monday (this week) so get out there and make it the best day yet.

God bless you.

- Adolfo

Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook
Follow A Year Without News

No comments:

Post a Comment