Monday, September 20, 2010

Day # 116 - Am I getting older?

Not to get too personal or graphic, but I got up to pee like four times last night. My back's been hurting for a couple of weeks, and although I still love football, I just don't get as worked up as I used to. Although I must say, HOW ABOUT THEM DOLPHINS!! Two and Oh Yeah, baby!!!!

So maybe I'm not old, maybe just tired today. Maybe the back thing is an injury and I should see the doc. Maybe the 40-plus ounces of water I had last night made me get up over and over.

It's all perspective, really. Half-full, half empty, older, more experienced. I feel better about my life now than I have in years, in spite of the setbacks of the last year. Those setbacks have helped me set my mind straight and now I'm making more of less, so I will make much more of more. I've said it in this space before: until you learn to take care of what God has given you, he will never give you more. I had to leave the happy middle to learn that lesson. I had to be challenged and pulled from my comfort zone to finally begin to stretch out and become aware of my potential. Never let anyone tell you that the middle is a safe place, the middle is the most dangerous place of all. Comfort and complacency are killers of potential. Avoid them at all costs.

Lesson: Never settle. Change what you don't like. If something hurts, go see a doctor.

- Adolfo

Start building your Success Library!
Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook
Follow A Year Without News

No comments:

Post a Comment