Monday, July 12, 2010

Day # 46 - Habits revisited

Monday and I am draggin' my behind. I don't really feel like writing but here I am. They say it takes 21 days to form a habit. I have done 21 days twice and I can tell you writing this blog - writing, period - has become a habit. I am reading more than ever before and it has become a habit for me like it used to be. I have always read, it's just that I'm back to reading like my life depends on it, which it does if you think about it.

I haven't had caffeine in 30 days. I don't miss it. I feel as energetic as ever, and I am sleeping better.

I am eating better. I decided to lose weight, but I knew a diet wasn't the way to go. As long as I was changing my life, I decided to change what I put into my body. I was at my father-in-law's church yesterday and after service we sat down to eat. There were cans of Coke all over the place and it was about 100 degrees in the shade. We ate typical latin food: steak, rice and beans, etc. A Coke would have been outstanding. I stuck to water. Sure, I knew the Coke would have tasted great, but I chose to stick to my plan. Even my dad, on several occasions, offered me a coke. Abby had one. The girls had one. I stuck to water. Not judging anyone, just made my choice and I plan to stick to it.

I slept like a baby last night, by the way.

I am reading a book, "The Billionaire's Vinegar," about the most expensive bottle of wine ever sold at auction. It was a 1787 Chateaux Lafitte which had belonged to Thomas Jefferson. Or had it. I am also continuing my education. I am averaging 2 - 3 hours per day. Less than I would like but more than I'm used to. My goal was 854 hours in 365 days. I am confident I will surpass the goal.

Lessons:

- Stick to your plans, peer pressure and temptation will always be a factor. Rise above.
- Don't judge others. We are all on our own journey.

Today's Declarations:

- Day by day in every way I am getting better and better.
- I am in control of every aspect of my life.
- There is no habit I cannot break. Nothing is as strong as my will.

Keep it up. Stick to your guns. I know I will. And in 319 days, I will be a better man as a result. What habits are you struggling with? What are you doing about it?

Make today your best day yet! God bless you.

- Adolfo

Start building your Success Library!
Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment