Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day # 54 - Attitude v. Aptitude

"It's your attitude, not your aptitude, that determines your altitude."
- Zig Ziglar

Why is it that some of us get farther than others? Have you ever had a boss that you know was not nearly as smart or capable as you? How about a lazy boss? Aren't those the worst? Now be honest; how much time did you spend thinking about it? Did you dwell on it? Did you sit there with your co-workers whining about how unfair life is? Or did you let it inspire you?

There are always going to be people who seem to have more than they deserve. There are always going to be people who feel they have less than they deserve. The truly successful people don't think in turns of deserving anything. They set a goal and they work for it. When they hit that goal, they move on to the next one.

I have met people in my life who were very educated and working for minimum wage. I have known high school dropouts (like me) who have achieved some measure of success. And I have met people who can barely read that have managed to be extremely successful. What separates them?

Some of us just don't care that we're not "supposed" to be successful. We work hard, some work very hard. We save our pennies, improve our lives, keep the right attitude, and soon enough make something of ourselves. I have had ups and downs like anyone else. I've learned a little from both, and I can tell you that attitude matters a lot more than aptitude.

And if failure bothers you so much that you find yourself paralyzed with self-pity, all I can say is MAN UP! You learn more from failure than from success. Get off your behind, don't have a pity party, don't be a whiner. Don't think about that the other guy has an advanced degree or he went to a better school or he has an uncle who plays golf with the governor. Who cares about uncles. You think playing golf with the governor is important? Write it down as a goal and make it happen. Have the right attitude and you can overcome anything and everything. You're going to fall now and then. You're going to have your moments in the dark. Only a positive attitude will shine brightly enough to help you find your way out.

Today's Lessons:

- Having the right attitude is more important than the right sheepskin.
- Positive thinking will allow you to overcome any obstacle.
- Don't focus on what you don't have. Don't focus on what others have. Focus on what you want.

Today's Declarations:

- Day by day in every way I am getting better and better.
- I will continually adjust my attitude to ensure I am focused on my goals.
- I will have a positive attitude and my positive attitude will light my path and lead me to where I want to be.

Forget what you don't have. Forget what you don't know. Do what you were meant to do. Have the right attitude and nothing else matters.

Make it your best day yet. God bless you.

- Adolfo


Start building your Success Library!
Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook
Follow A Year Without News

No comments:

Post a Comment