Monday, July 26, 2010

Day # 60 - Dream Dream Dream

We took a drive through horse country yesterday in West Palm Beach. I mean waaaay West! We were a couple of miles from California if I'm not mistaken. We lowered the windows and listened to the... nothing. And it was lovely. I've always loved the idea of living on a farm or a ranch. I probably couldn't milk a cow and I definitely wouldn't slaughter an animal for meat. I would, however, dismember a tomato without a moment's hesitation. Never doubt my manliness or my penchant for unspeakable savagery (with veggies!) I would be the only farmer in the world shopping for protein at Publix.

It was something my mother and I used to talk about and now I am reminded of the forgotten dreams of years ago and I know that I never outgrew the dream I just took my eyes off the prize.

When we're kids we're told to sit up, pay attention, and stop daydreaming. What we should tell our kids is that it's okay to daydream, but not at the expense of living in the now. Daydream in the car, daydream a while instead of watching TV. Take a little time before going to sleep. We should instill in our children the value of visualization. Daydreaming may seem like a dirty word, but visualization is a useful exercise and let's not lie to ourselves, the words are interchangeable.

Today's Lessons:

- Dream. You gotta have a dream if you wanna make a dream come true!
- Creativity is something we all have. We just don't all use it. Use it!
- Set aside a little daydream time every day. Missing a little TV won't kill you.

Today's Declarations:

- Day by day in every way I am getting better and better
- I will recapture the dreams of my youth. I will make them reality.
- If I can believe it, I can achieve it.

Turn off the computer and stop being "productive" for a while. It's probably the most productive thing you'll do all day.

Make it your best day yet. God bless you.

- Adolfo


Start building your Success Library!
Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook
Follow A Year Without News

No comments:

Post a Comment