Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day # 51 - Contagion

Contagion: The ready transmission or spread as of an idea or emotion from person to person.

Laughter is contagious. So are sadness, anger, depression, melancholy, laughter, silliness and just about every other emotion. If one emotion is contagious, it stands to reason that they all are. The same can be said for attitude. Your attitude sets the mood for your organization, your family, your social circle. In short, your attitude colors your life.

If I have learned anything in the last 50 days, it's that happiness is a choice. I know now more than ever that I am the greatest factor in the determination of the kind of day I am having. If I decide to let traffic, car trouble, co-workers, or the weather or whatever determine the kind of day I am going to have, every day will be a bad day. I choose to be happy.

I have no illusions about this. I know I will have sad or angry moments in my life. I'm still human, but generally, I will be happy, and I will allow others to be infected by my good attitude while making myself immune to those who have a negative attitude. In this case more than in just about any other, it is better to give than receive.

Lessons:

- Happiness is a choice
- Your attitude is contagious. Spread the love, lose the attitude.
- Before your toes touch the floor in the morning, decide you will have a good day. Say it out loud. Repeat daily. Improvement in your life guaranteed or your money back!


Today's Declarations:

- Day by day in every way I am getting better and better.
- Today I will spread happiness and positivity wherever I go.
- I am immune to bad attitudes and negativity.

Have fun. You only get one chance at today. Quit whining. Quit being sour and pitiful. Don't go on facebook and cry about Starbucks screwing up your coffee. Focus on what matters. Choose to be happy - and spread the joy. It's how you make the world a better place.

Make it your best day yet. God bless you.

- Adolfo

Start building your Success Library!
Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook
Follow A Year Without News

No comments:

Post a Comment