Monday, July 19, 2010

Day # 53 - A little more

Jim Rohn once defined success as doing what the other guy won't do. It's true. We are all equal to a certain point. It's what we do beyond that point that determines whether we will succeed.

Success happens when you:

Work one more hour.
Run one more mile.
Fight one more round.
Make one more call.
Read one more book.

It's the little bit extra that makes the difference. It's the above and the beyond. It's the extra. The finish, the extra effort, are what define us. If you do not give extra effort, you are not going to be noticed, at least not in a positive way.

How many golf balls has Tiger Woods hit in front of TV cameras? I don't know the answer but I would bet it's just a fraction of what he's hit when no one was around. How may hours does a performer rehearse for each hour on stage? How many hours does an "A" student spend studying for a test that will probably be over in less than an hour? How much time does a "C" student spend studying? How about a "D" student?

Your results, your success or failure, are a direct result of how hard you are willing to work. If you feel like you aren't where you want to be, work a little harder, put in a little more effort. Spend a little more time preparing. Do a little more than you've ever done before. Do what the other guy won't do.

Today's Lessons:

- "The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work." - Harry Golden
- "Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all." - Sam Ewing
- "There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure." - Colin Powell

Today's Declarations:

- Day by day in every way I am getting better and better.
- I will succeed by doing more than I have ever done, and by doing more than is expected of me.
- I will work harder than my colleagues. I will not complain. I work hard and when my work is done, I will ask for more.

I am not telling you to be workaholic, but I am telling you that the road to success is long and hard and forty hours is not enough time to get there.

Make it your best day yet. God bless you.

- Adolfo

Start building your Success Library!
Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook
Follow A Year Without News

No comments:

Post a Comment