Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day # 58 - Gratitude

If you don't appreciate what you have, God will never give you more. You will never earn more. You will never have more. I own a small event and party rental company and we do a lot of community stuff including back to school heath fairs. It has always amazed me how ungrateful some people are. After three years and thousands of snow cones, popcorn, and cotton candy bags given away, it still amazes me. I don't know why "please" and "thank you" are so hard to say.

And this is not something exclusively to poor or minority communities. We work all over the county in all kinds of neighborhoods and serve practically every demographic and it's the same all over the place. What I have learned is that rotten parents make rotten kids and being spoiled has nothing to do with being rich.

We give away these treats and never get a please or thank you and every time I say I'm going to hang up a sign that reads:

Cotton Candy, Sno-Kone or Popcorn: $1 Each or "Please" and "Thank You" but I never do it. Part of me feels bad for these kids. I do ask them for the magic word and I usually get it. Other times I get an attitude from them. I simply remind myself that I am responsible for making sure no one ever looks at my kids and thinks the things I am thinking about these kids and their parents.

Today's Lessons:

- Be grateful for what you have and who God made you to be.
- Learn from dogs. All you have to do is feed them and rub their tummies and they will lick your face. In fact, you leave them home alone and bored all day and they greet you with a smile and a wagging tail. They don't care that you were gone, they're just grateful that you're now home.
- Thank God for everything.

Today's Declarations:

- Day by day in every way I am getting better and better.
- I am grateful for all I have and this gratitude makes it possible for me to have more than I ever dreamed of.
- My children are a reflection of me. I will teach them gratitude, humility, and humanity, by exhibiting gratitude, humility, and humanity.

Just try adding "please" and "thank you" to more of your conversations. Even when asking for something you are entitled to, even if it's from someone who is obligated to do it. You will feel better and you'll see the positive influence it has on the people you interact with.

Make it your best day yet. God bless you.

- Adolfo

Start building your Success Library!
Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook
Follow A Year Without News

No comments:

Post a Comment