Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day # 13 - I do declare, With patience, grass becomes milk. The bright side.

Day 13 was relatively uneventful. I am still reading the 7 habits and I don't know why, but it's slow-going for me with that book. I am on the second chapter, and I am absorbing lessons, not just reading. Maybe that's why. The book is dense with information and teachings. Maybe I should just stop with the speed-reading thing.

Speaking of which: When I was in grade school, my parents transferred me to a school that our church had started. I don't know much of what I did there, but I remember I learned to play volleyball (and why it's important to keep your elbows close to each other) and I remember they had machines that were designed to help you read faster. I mean competitive speed reading fast. Congress should have to go through this course so maybe they'll read bills before destroying our country. (Please forgive me for that. It's residual bitterness. Nearly two weeks without news and I have not completely exorcised the demons - I don't need to watch a rattlesnake everyday to know it is a dangerous animal. Sorry if I've offended any rattlesnakes.)

I don't remember all that I was taught in the speed reading class, but I can confidently say that if the emphasis was on speed, it could not have been on learning.

My son, A.J. came by last night and had dinner with us. After the girls left the table, we had one of our old chats (which is mostly me begging him to learn from my mistakes.) He listened, as he always has, and he filled me in on school, life, etc. For a while there, I felt almost like a man in full. I know he will surpass me one day. I look forward to eating his dust.

His girlfriend, Ella, came by, and I noticed the brake lights on her car weren't turning off. I offered to go outside and try to fix it. Once I figured out the problem, I went in to grab some tools, went back out and discovered I'd locked the keys in the car. AAA showed up an hour later, let me into the car, and I fixed the problem. (I think.) Oh, well. I got my boy to stay for an extra hour or so.

I also began declarations. I want to share some with you.

Yesterday, I shared:

Day by day, in every way, I am getting better and better.

Also:

(For Guidance)

I am divinely sensitive to my intuitive leads, and give instant obedience to Thy will.

(For Health)

Divine Love floods my consciousness with health, and every cell in my body is filled with light.

These are samples, guides, if you will. Declare what you want, live a life worthy of receiving it, and it will be yours. But you must declare it everyday. The more your subconscious hears a thing, the more it becomes a part of your DNA.

Today's lessons:

- Speed does not equal efficiency. If I tear through a book in record time, but I don't learn anything, all I've done is wasted my time. I'd rather take twice as long and come out better on the other end. Remember, there is no shortcut to anyplace worth going.
- You have to dig a long time before you find oil.
- Your children will have to suffer, you can't (and shouldn't try to) stop that. But, if they can learn from your mistakes, they will be better for it.
- Some say no good deed goes unpunished. I say no good deed goes unrewarded. If I didn't lock the keys in Ella's car, they wouldn't have stayed the extra hour.
- Declare it with your voice, believe it in your heart. You will have it in your life. Remember this goes both ways. Whether you are positive or negative, what you say becomes the law of your life.

Have a wonderful day. In fact, I declare that you will have a wonderful, productive day, and that you are getting better and better in every way.

God bless you,

Adolfo


Start building your Success Library!
Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment