Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day # 19 - Don't go back... not even for a running start.

I began a new project yesterday. One that will be taking a lot of my time. I am working in the hotel business again, something I haven't done in five years and something I swore I would never do again, unless the deal met certain criteria - this situation meets those criteria.

This is a situation that requires me to draw on my experience - far back as it may be. As I looked through files, BEO's, contracts, and reservation requests, it all started coming back to me in spite of the fact that I haven't been active in the hotel business in so long.

The point I'm trying to make is that I didn't have to live in the past to remember the value of my experiences. I had good and bad times in the hotel business. Many of my close friends are people I met while working in the industry. I met my wife while working in the industry. I learned valuable life lessons and my children also benefited as I became a more savvy traveler. When traveling, I know what to look for to ensure we get the best accommodations possible.

This is not to say that I didn't have bad moments. I had awful moments. Getting hired away from a secure corporate job just to be laid off 13 days before Christmas was a bad moment. And it made me stronger. I decided to switch careers, earned my Series 7, became a financial advisor, and now I've come full circle.

My mother always tells me, a dog has four legs but only follows one path. It's her way of telling me to focus. I appreciate her more than she'll ever know. She is my greatest mentor.

So here's my thing. I have been hurt - like you. I have been cheated, mistreated, and all that bad country music song nonsense. But I have also been loved. I have been loved so deeply and extraordinarily that if I never saw another soul again and lived to be a thousand I would feel like I took more than my fair share.

And I have suffered my share of heartbreaks and disappointments but they pale in comparison to the good things God has blessed me with.

Lessons:

- I remember the good times with fondness.
- I remember the bad times with gratitude because they made me stronger. Of course, I don't think of them often and I never dwell on them.
- I take the good and leave the bad.

Today's Declarations:

- Day by day in every way, I am getting better and better.
- Today, I am letting go of the past. the past is like a footprint, left behind and only there when I turn around and look at it. And like a footprint, my past cannot affect me.
- I am living in the moment.
- My experience makes me the person who I am and I thank God for it.

Let go of the past. Let go of the pain. If someone did something to hurt you, forgive them. Even if you don't really feel it in your heart, say it out loud and repeat it over and over. Do it every day. Forgive them. Confess it with your mouth and you will believe it with your heart. Until you let go of the pain, it will affect everything you do. Is it worth it? Of course not. Forgive and move on.

Make it your best day ever! God bless you,

Adolfo

Start building your Success Library!
Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment