Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day # 23 - I am (like) GOD!

Update: I slept. Man did I sleep. I haven't slept like I did last night in years. I got home around eight o'clock and by 9:30 I was knocked out. I just got out of bed a little before seven. Headache gone - feeling like a million bucks. Well, maybe several million.

If you open a tomato, pull out a seed and plant it, what grows? A tomato. Same goes for apples, watermelons, and anything else. You are a part of what you come from. Why does a mother feel the way she does for her child? Because this child was conceived and grew within her body, took its nourishment from her, and the mother is the first person a child touches or is touched by. There is a bond there that cannot be denied. Even if there is something wrong with the mother or the child. A prostitute or meth addict who has children, when asked about her regrets, will speak longingly of her child. She could go years without seeing her child and still recognize her baby's face on a crowded street. It's your parentage that decides your eye color, hair color, height, personality, abilities, tendencies, and everything else that makes you the unique being that you are.

That bond can be stretched, strained, and stressed, but never ultimately broken.

Now, let's talk about this in a more spiritual sense.

We come from God, do we not? Deny it if you wish, you're only fooling yourself. I know I came from God. If a tomato seed cannot grow into a pineapple, then I must be a part of what I came from as well. How can I not be a part of God? How can I be less? Why would I want to be? Why would I settle for being something as run of the mill as one of six billion human beings on this planet, when I could be God, Jr.?

Please understand, I am not suggesting that I am God or even a god. I am, however, suggesting that it is my duty to my heavenly father to do my best to be godly. Even an atheist would have to agree that the Ten Commandments are a fine way to live. I can see them having an issue with the first one, but no one in their right mind would argue for lying, killing, stealing, coveting, etc.

I had a very unpleasant conversation with a person yesterday, who says she is a woman of God. I am a bit under the weather and as I was about to answer her, I cleared my throat. She asked if I was about to lie to her. I smiled and let her know that I don't lie, but if I chose to, she would never know. She is the leader of a small church and is a charismatic "educated" woman. Education doesn't come from books - training does. Education comes from life, your parents, and experience. She thinks the alphabet soup that follows her name makes her my superior. This is one high school dropout she doesn't want to mess with!

Religion gets a bad rap when those of us who are a million light years from perfect presume to judge, when we behave like rich brats and look down our noses at others. It's not godlike. It's nonsense. I say, "we" meaning "them." I see things I don't agree with, but I know the best I can do is pray for the best, send people my blessing, and hope the way I'm living is pleasing to God. If it's not, I ask him for his forgiveness.

As you go on your own quest to discover and improve yourself, do not forget where you came from. Do not forget that although your goal may be God, you are merely human, and not fit to pass judgement. I am not trying to convert anyone. I don't feel that particular calling in my life at this point. I am preaching to the converted. Show humility, like Jesus did. Leaders do not stand on the hill, they go into the valley.

Lessons:

- I come from God. I must be like what I came from.
- This body I am occupying is temporary. My life has barely begun.
- I am not fit to judge. Therefore I will not.

Today's Declarations:

- Day by day in every way I am getting better and better.
- Today I will be more like God.
- Today I will not pass judgement, rather I will look on others with love and compassion.

Get closer to God, and God will come closer to you. There is nothing wrong with living a good life. Imagine, relying on a perfect being instead of elected "leaders" who at every opportunity prove how inadequate they are. Cast your cares on a higher power. You won't be disappointed.

Make it your best day yet. God bless you.

- Adolfo


Start building your Success Library!
Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment