Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Six days of blissful disconnection. I have not seen or heard a word from the president, nothing about him. Nothing depressing. Nothing to make me yell at the TV. It's the funny thing about addiction. You know it's bad, but that doesn't make it easy to stop. You need something extreme. Sometimes it's a tragedy. Sometimes, it's something else. A challenge, perhaps.

I threw down my own challenge. I am improving myself one day at a time. I am refocusing my energy. I am working on new habits. Soon, I'll move on to channelling my energy. Once I master these two steps, I move on to channelling my emotions, specifically my anger.

After taking time for the usual day-off chores, I read and studied for a while. Played with the girls and spent time with the wife. My dad came over and we didn't discuss politics at all, which was refreshing.

Not too much else to discuss today, but there is tomorrow. I'll be sharing some news (the good kind, not the kind I'm avoiding.)

Peace!

Adolfo

No comments:

Post a Comment