Monday, June 14, 2010

Day # 19 - Know thy enemy.

It was a rough day yesterday. That's probably why I've been awake since 1:30 this morning. I tried to get back to sleep - it wasn't happening - so here I am.

It's time to reset the temper clock. The universe conspired to push me to my breaking point and I failed to manage it. By failing to manage my temper, I failed and the day wasn't all it could have been. I met the enemy on his terms rather than on my own.

When you are a person of value, as I believe (know) I am, every step you take toward God-realization, or self-actualization, will be met with a challenge. As you get closer, the challenges will become more and more difficult. It's important not to be discouraged.

Although I failed to live up to my standard yesterday, I am not discouraged. I will continue. Now, sitting here in the silence of the small hours, I can reflect. No noise, no distractions. I can sit down and meditate on today - not dwell on yesterday or worry about tomorrow. I can be in the moment.

It's interesting that in yesterday's declarations I wrote that I am the master of my emotions, not the other way around. Maybe I need to read what I write. Maybe I'm dwelling on the past even though I just said I wouldn't.

Today's a big day and I should be sleeping. Oh, well life goes on.

Lessons:

- The longer you go in your journey, the tougher the challenges. Like climbing a mountain, it gets tougher, but the view gets better.
- As the poisons leave your system, you are bound to feel some of their effects.
- Reflect on the past and your mistakes only long enough to learn your lesson. Then move on. You can't unscramble eggs.

Today's Declarations:

- Day by day in every way, I am getting better and better.
- I am the master of my emotions. Not the other way around.
- I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.
- I was created in God's image. God is perfect. I cannot fail. Failure is not in my DNA.

Thomas Edison said, "Failure is an opportunity to begin again more intelligently." If you've failed at anything, don't sweat it. Fix it and move on. Today is happening right now. Don't miss it.

Make it your best day yet. God bless you.

- Adolfo

Start building your Success Library!
Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment