Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day # 69 - Happy Happy Joy Joy

Are you one of those people who takes themselves too seriously? If so, why? I remember sitting down with a priest a couple of years ago (no, I was not in confession, I was his banker) and his personal philosophy was, "It's all B.S." Only he didn't say B.S., he said the actual word. He told me about a fellow priest who had this motto engraved on a plate mounted to the inside of his casket. That's pretty funny. But it's true, too.

We spend so much time and energy sweating the insignificant little details of our lives that we miss the Happy Happy Joy Joy. Life is short, especially the fun parts of it. When we learn to take ourselves less seriously; when we accept that it's all B.S., we can truly enjoy all the good things.

This is part of why I gave up news. Not that the tragedies were B.S., but me getting worked up about them was. I can't help end misery if I am miserable. I need to be happy and disconnecting myself from far away suffering that was, by the time I heard about it, beyond my control made little sense. I prefer to broadcast my positive feelings everywhere I go, assuming it will land where it is needed.

When we learn to let go of things that are beyond our control, we free ourselves. We liberate ourselves from the worries of our former lives. I am not advocating irresponsibility, I am making a case for focusing on what truly matters. Don't worry about paying your bills. Let it go, do your best at work, the money will come and soon your bills will no longer be a problem. I'm not saying you'll love them, but you won't fear them either. Don't worry about your health. Instead, do what is right. Eat better, give up fast food and sodas, drink more water, get more exercise, and soon you will be healthy. I now squeeze exercise into my day in simple ways like parking far off in the lot, or walking when I am at work and I take a call on my cell phone. I walk at a rapid pace, not a stroll. I get my exercise, I inspect the property, and I say hi to staff members I would never otherwise see. Win, win win.

Make small changes in your perception and happiness will find you. Give up your addiction to B.S. and misery. Stop going to pity parties. Like everything else, it is a choice.

Today's Lessons:

- It's all B.S.
- Find the sources of unhappiness in your life and get rid of them.
- Find the sources of happiness in your life and feed them.
- Happiness and misery are behaviors. Choose the right one.

Today's Declarations:

- Day by day in every way I am getting better and better.
- I am letting go of things that do not matter.
- I choose to be happy.

Now, sing it with me: Happy Happy Joy Joy! Happy Happy Joy Joy! Happy Happy Joy Joy! If you sing it, like Ren & Stimpy did, you can't help being happy. You can't get the ridiculous grin off your face. You smiling now? Good. Hold that smile and share it with the world.

Make it your happiest and best day yet! God bless you.

- Adolfo

Start building your Success Library!
Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook
Follow A Year Without News

No comments:

Post a Comment