Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day # 66 - We all need a boost

I started this project for me. I continue for me. In a sense I do it for my family because what benefits me benefits them. If I am a happier, more productive individual everyone who depends on me benefits. My family is happier, we are all eating better (most of the time) and we are focused on improving our lives.

Of course, putting this out there for the public, I do want it to be read and enjoyed by others. And if it helps someone even just a little, then I am the happiest man in the world. After all, if you want to change the world, you have to start with yourself.

An old friend of mine wrote me some encouraging words last night and I am high on them. She is someone whose opinion of me I truly value so when she paid me a compliment, I felt validation. I didn't even know I was looking for validation, but I guess we all are.

It doesn't matter who you are or how successful you are. We all need to be loved and we all want someone to tell us we are loved. We all want to be appreciated. Study after study has proven that employees are more motivated by rewards and recognition than by money. It's part of human nature.

Do you know someone who needs encouragement? Of course you do. This could be your spouse, your child, a friend, a neighbor, even a stranger or a co-worker. Give them a boost. Smile when you see them. Thank someone who does something for you. If you receive extraordinary service from someone, don't hesitate to tell their supervisor. If we all pitch in and give everyone we can a little shot in the arm, we start the snowball that makes the world better.

Today's Lessons:

- We all need a boost. Knowing this, you should boost someone else today. The good you put out into the universe always finds its way back.
- You can be the difference in a person's life. This works in both ways: positive and negative. Make the right choice.

Today's Declarations:

- Day by day in every way I am getting better and better.
- I improve my world every day by being an example to others.
- I will encourage those who need to be encouraged. I will discourage none.

Boosting opportunities abound. Keep your eyes open and you'll find countless ways to improve the world, one little boost at a time.

Make it your best day yet. God bless you.

- Adolfo

Start building your Success Library!
Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook
Follow A Year Without News

1 comment:

  1. Great post Adolfo. You have such inspiring things to say. Keep up the good work. I am going to go help encourage someone else now.

    ReplyDelete