Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day # 91 - Make your choice

Rough day yesterday. No doubt about it. All sorts of trouble with the house. Other trouble too, stuff I'd rather not discuss. That's not why I'm up. I was out late meeting with some prospective clients and ate dinner later than I should have, went to bed earlier than I'm used to and here I am.

I met with a fan club yesterday. I am wooing them. I would like them to come to my bar for game watching parties. They are bound by their love of sports and one team in particular, one I have never been a fan of. But I have to say their enthusiasm for the sport and their loyalty to their team is inspiring.

So I met with these folks and had a great time chatting with them. All the while, the trouble of the day was weighing heavily on me. But as I chatted with them, as I enjoyed their company, I felt the weight lifting and I was able to remind myself that no matter what, it's all temporary. It only lasts forever if you want it to. This is the point of today's post.

There is good and there is bad every day. You decide which to focus on. I have friends who only focus on the bad. I actually have one who won't answer or return my calls because I had to reschedule a visit. Never mind how much I've done for this person in the past, their focus is on the one negative thing. I don't call this person any more. We may never speak again and you know... I'm fine with that. I don't need the drama.

I could have allowed the bad news to ruin everything for me or I could have a good time. I chose a good time. There will always be challenges. If I let them get the better of me, I will always come out losing. I chose to win.

Remember, every day gives you choices. You make your choice and decide what kind of day you will have. Do this every day and soon enough you will have decided what kind of life you're going to have. And that's what it's all about.

God bless you. Make it your best day yet.

- Adolfo

Start building your Success Library!
Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook
Follow A Year Without News

No comments:

Post a Comment