Saturday, August 28, 2010

Day # 93 - Q1 Results

I am a quarter of the way through A Year Without News. I can honestly say I have changed, improved. But as long as I'm being honest, I have to say I have a long way to go.

I have improved in the following ways:

- I gave up caffeine. I have been steadfast in this. I have proven to myself that I don't need it. If you think you need it you are wrong. I am still up every morning by five and I am still as energetic (fidgety) as ever. I have the same results without the addiction.

- I am more active. I went to the Y last week four times to swim laps. I know I have a long way to go. I promised myself that by the end of the year, I would be below 200 pounds. This morning, I will be at the Y taking a spin class.

- I am healthier. Because of the commitment to improve myself, I am eating better overall. Don't get me wrong, I am not going vegan. Animals taste good and God placed them on the planet for us to enjoy. However, I have reduced the salty McBurgers and other crap I used to eat daily. I understand that there is no sense improving my mind and keeping it in a rotten body.

- I am more patient. This has always been a challenge for me. Now, this doesn't mean I am any more willing to swallow nonsense. In fact, I think I am more likely to spit it right back at whomever is feeding it to me. But I am learning not to sweat the things I can't control. I am learning to ignore people who bring nothing but aggravation.

- My temper is more under control. I won't say completely under control because I still lose it now and then, but not as often and not in the extreme way I used to.

- I curse less than I used to. I am not completely rid of four-letter words, but *(#$$% ####*(*^^ give me a chance! I'm working on it!!!

- My focus is improving. I am still an ADD kid, but I'm getting better. Where was I going with this? Oh, well. You get the point.

So is it worth it? I will answer this question again at the end of the Year. I will probably answer it again at the end of each quarter. And I am sure that my answer will always be the same as it is today: Yes!

Find what's holding you back. Find the anchor hanging around your neck, and cut it away. Let go of the hurts of your past. Let go of negative people. Let go of destructive relationships. Let go of anger. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Endeavour to live the life you have imagined.

- Adolfo


Start building your Success Library!
Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook
Follow A Year Without News

No comments:

Post a Comment