Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day # 90 - Isaiah 31 or something like that.

Last night I read my bible for a while. I am no biblical scholar. I'm not a scholar of any type. But I know when God is speaking to me - and lately He's been shouting!

For too long, I have refused to learn from my mistakes. I have become too comfortable, too fat and lazy for my own good (like an elected official.) Well, He decided it was time for me to learn my lesson.

Example 1:

I have a knack for making money. Not millions (yet) but I always find a way to make a buck. So when I lost my job and went seven months without work, and then my business fell by 90% because of the economy and the unusually cold winter, I should have learned my lesson. By the way, shouldn't both of my issues been avoided with the stimulus and global warming? No? Maybe I missed the memo. My life should have been extremely rough during those seven months, but it wasn't. Everything was fine. I hustled, kept earning a little money here and there and I was fine. Now, I am working and things should be back to normal, but I find this isn't exactly the case. God is making sure I learn my lesson.

Example 2:

I've owned my house for seven years. Like most homeowners, I started out taking great care of it but lately, I have kind of abandoned it. I haven't taken care of it the way I should. Now, the house is complaining.

I feel like I'm being spanked in a cosmic sense. My butt is not sore, but I am hurting.

I am not whining or complaining. I am simply making an observation and sharing it. It's important to listen to the still small voice in your hear, the feeling in your gut. When your thoughts wake you at three in the morning, listen to them. There is wisdom in the morning breeze.

My interpretation of Isaiah 31 was that God helps those who help themselves and that those who look to the government or blame everyone else will get nothing. I am sure bible scholars would tell me I am wide of the mark. That's fine. This worked for me and helped me see what I needed to see. The development of Adolfo Jimenez took a big step today.

God bless you, make it your best day yet.

-Adolfo


http://bible.cc/isaiah/31-1.htm

http://www.honeybeepartyrental.com
Start building your Success Library!
Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook
Follow A Year Without News

No comments:

Post a Comment