Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day # 84 - Don't jinx it

Careful what you wish for, it may come true. We've all heard the expression and we've all used it. How often have you said it to yourself? It's not always a matter of wishing for something. Sometimes we constantly wish something away, but our obsession with the object attracts it to us. Am I not making sense? I'm a little punchy so please forgive me.

84 days of writing every day has been a challenge. Especially since I still have 281 days to go. When people talk to me about the blog, too often I have mentioned that the biggest challenge is knowing what I'm going to write about next. Yesterday I said it a couple of times and here I am. It's not even two in the morning and I'm up. Why? I think I might have been worried about fulfilling my own prophecy. So I can tell you that from here on out, I will not talk about how hard it is, I will talk about how much fun it is.

Nothing is impossible. You really can achieve anything you put your mind to. I set out to write about how avoiding news would change my life. I did it not knowing what to expect. All I knew at the beginning was that I wanted to be better at the end than I was at the beginning. I think I have already accomplished that goal and I'm less than a quarter of the way done. The exciting part is when I think of how much better I will be when I have completed my year.

Today's Lessons:

- Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better. - Jim Rohn
- You can't unscramble eggs. Eliminate negative talk from your vocabulary because once you put it out there, you can't get it back.

Today's Declarations:

- Day by day in every way I am getting better and better.
- I will speak blessings over myself, my family, my friends, and even my enemies.
- I am a positive person. I look forward to each new day with excitement.
- I am optimistic, knowing that every day brings new opportunities.

Don't jinx yourself. Don't jinx the people around you. Wish and speak the best for yourself and everyone you come in contact with. Be a blessing in the lives you touch. Believe in your heart that you can do anything you decide to do and declare it with your mouth.

God bless you. Make it your best day yet.

- Adolfo

Start building your Success Library!
Follow me on Twitter
Friend me on Facebook
Follow A Year Without News

No comments:

Post a Comment