Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day # 188 - Decisions Then and Now

I am a proponent of speaking the truth. I think everyone should. Lies, or even withholding the truth are destructive. If not to the person being lied to, then definitely to the liar. It is a shame that we sometimes find ourselves in situations where we have to hold back and not speak our minds. The result is typically having to swallow a bitter pill.

I find myself in such a situation right now. I find myself needing to keep my mouth shut about certain things I would rather not keep my mouth shut about. I call it eating sh_t sandwiches. And it's as bad as it sounds.

While I don't consider myself a blunt person, I am an honest person - or at least try to be. Having to bite my tongue is a very uncomfortable situation but ultimately I am responsible for this. I put myself in this situation and I have to ride it out. It's man-up time.

This is why it's important to weigh every decision you make because they all matter. Keep in mind that what you do today may have consequences that you will feel, if not tomorrow, years from now. Using personal finances as an example, the latte you spend five bucks on today, could cost you big time down the road when you're broke, just like the cookies and milk you have before bed can affect your health down the road.

The point is we should take a little time to plan things out so we don't paint ourselves into corners. Freedom is the most important thing you have and you should make sure that you make no decisions to jeopardize it. Be deliberate. Be thoughtful. Be responsible. Be free.

God bless you. Make the right decisions. Make it your best day.

- Adolfo

No comments:

Post a Comment