Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day # 195 - Being Happy is a Choice

I'm happy. I thought I'd share that with you. I love the cool weather. My kids are healthy. Life is good and getting better every day. I am happy and I want to share that with you.

It's important to be happy. If you're not happy, everything will stink. Happiness is a choice you must make. If you decide to be happy regardless of your circumstances, your life will improve. If you decide to be miserable come what may, what will come is what you deserve, which is what you expect.

I start my new career Monday and I couldn't be happier. It's a dream coming true and it's been a long time coming. I feel like a kid a couple of days before Christmas. I guess, in a way, I am a kid just before Christmas. I wanted to start this career earlier, but things got confused here and there and it's been delayed. No matter. I am happy in advance, and I can tell you that I will be happy when I start and I will be happy every day of my professional life. Like Warren Buffett, I plan to tap dance to the office every day. Why? Because happiness is not just a choice, it's my choice.

When you wake up in the morning, tell yourself you are going to be happy. Commit to it, and it will be so. Whatever happens, accept it graciously and happily and smile and find the bright side. When you stop worrying about things, you will soon run out of things to worry about. Worry, fear, and misery (and all the negative emotions) are like animals that must be fed if they are to live. Stop feeding them. Starve the bastards and don't even stick around to watch them die. Skip on down the Yellow Brick Road and be HAPPY!

God bless you. Make it your best and happiest day yet!

- Adolfo

No comments:

Post a Comment