Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day # 203 - Books & Such

My favorite sister asked me to list the books I've read during the last 203 days. There have been a few and while I don't know if I'll miss anything, here goes:

The Bible: This one was written by God. I have the King James and New Living translations. I read them both, though not as often as I should.

Atlas Shrugged: It's the size of a phone book, and it's life changing. I wish I had read this as a teenager. It is by far one of the most important books I've read. It's the kind of book that makes you wonder if the events it describes are happening right now.

Good to Great: I am currently reading this book by Jim Collins. It's about corporations that make the leap to greatness - and ones that don't.

Thinking Big: Donald Trump is brilliant and arrogant and wow, what hair!

The Game of Life: This book was written in the 1920's. A lot of practical advice on positive thinking and such.

Breakthrough Thinking: Denis Waitley on how to innovate.

The Compound Effect: Darren Hardy on how to take little steps that make a big difference.

The Four Agreements: A very simple guide to inner peace and happiness

I have listened to several books on tape, mostly summaries from Success Magazine.

I read Success magazine cover to cover each month and listen to the interviews it brings.

I have revisited some of my old favorites like:

The Snows of Kilimanjaro by Ernest Hemingway

A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole

I have taken, "The Course in Mastery."

I watch motivational or instructional videos on YouTube.

I read articles in Fortune (not news, more like analysis), Entrepreneur, Inc. Magazine, Wine Spectator, and a few others.

This is not a comprehensive list. My wife commented to me a couple of days ago that I'm the only person she knows who is not into anything. I don't golf or play tennis, I'm not into cars or model airplanes. I just read. You should too, so you can be just like me! (Barnes & Noble will probably sue me for what I just did to their sales with that remark.)

Make it your best day yet. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment