Monday, December 13, 2010

Day # 200 - Day 1

Wow! 200 days of this insanity. 200 days of waking up each morning and trying to figure out what I'm going to write about. Often, it's easy; something happens that sticks with me and I find is worth sharing. Other times, I have uneventful days, and I have to dig a little deeper.

I try to write in the range of 500 words per day. That means I've written about 100,000 words so far, and I still have 165 days to go.

Today is day one at my new job. The last year has been the toughest of my life (financially speaking) and I am finally emerging from the hole I was cast into. The first few months were a frantic job search during the worst economy of my lifetime, then there was the moment when I learned to let go and put things in God's hands. God brought me to this moment. I am stronger, and better prepared to face the challenges of my new position. I am a better husband and father. I still make mistakes (who doesn't?) but I care about the mistakes I make. I don't just shrug them off.

So today, I start what will be the last job of my life, the job from which I will retire. This is not to say I won't move up in the company. I won't rule that out, but I'm taking it one day at a time.

And isn't that what the last 200 days have taught me?

Make it a great day. God bless you. Stay warm.

- Adolfo

No comments:

Post a Comment