Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day # 196 - She

She's laying face down. She is dressed in black, head to toe. There is a small stream of blood on the asphalt, a mangled bicycle, a van, people on the sidewalk, and no one has covered her up even though there are already cops on the scene. She is dead and we're all witness to it. I'm driving by and when I grasp what's happening, I instinctively put my hand to my mouth and I wonder what I'm supposed to feel. I say a little prayer for her but mostly for any family and friends that will soon hear the bad news. I go on about the evening's activities and think about her. I think, who was She.

I could easily get lost in the whole, "Life is short" and you never know when your time is up thing. We all know that. It's common knowledge. Every death is sudden unless you're old or hospitalized. Death is violent at times, always emotional, even for the drivers by or the people on the sidewalk. We fear it and yet are fascinated by it. It's guaranteed.

Because you never know, you should control the things you can and accept the things you can't. Don't leave relationships damaged. Make the effort. Tell the people you love how you feel. Laugh all the time. Make sure whatever memory you leave when your moment comes is the right kind of memory.

Some thoughts:

Life is what happens when you can't get to sleep. - Fran Lebowitz

Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save. - Will Rogers

If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner. - Tallulah Bankhead.

Live your best day today. God bless you.

- Adolfo

No comments:

Post a Comment