Thursday, December 23, 2010

Day #210 - Man vs. Bridge Round 1

I'm back on the mainland and it's fantastic! Good to be home. Not that I won't be going back. I will and soon, I'm sure, but I am closer to putting the bridge nonsense behind me.

I learned that it's good to chew gum when your nervous because it will keep you from grinding your teeth. I also learned that nothing is scary. How's that for some insight?

What I mean when I tell you nothing is scary is that we assign fear to things. We are scared of certain things and that has nothing to do with the thing we fear. (The thought is clear, but I am having a hard time articulating it.) Why is one person afraid of heights and another isn't? A mountain isn't scary, but someone may be scared of a mountain while another person can't wait to climb to the top of it. The difference is in the thought process, the belief, of one person compared to the other.

I'm tired. I didn't sleep well last night. I never sleep very well in hotels, even in very nice ones. If what I've written makes no sense, it's not you, it's me. Good night.

- Adolfo

No comments:

Post a Comment