Friday, December 10, 2010

Day # 197 - Rehearsal

I am writing late today because I've been out all day. Abby and I took the girls to school and stuck around for chapel. Melissa, my daughter, sang with the chorus (choir?) and we stayed to watch. They sang one of my favorite spiritual songs:

Our God is greater
Our God is stronger
God, You are higher than any other
Our God is healer
Awesome in power
Our God
Our God


To watch my little girl singing that song with her classmates, on stage, fearless, dancing interpretively, was overwhelming. I had to keep wiping the tears from my eyes.

Tomorrow, during the real show, I'm toast.

I am always proud of my children, but why is it that seeing them up on a stage seems to make a parent swell? Do we want others to see what we see? Do we want the applause of others to validate our feelings for our kids?

I don't know. All I know is that I am so proud I can't think of anything else right now.

The important thing is that she knows how proud I am and that she knows my pride and my love for her have nothing to do with her performing on stage. It has to do with her being my child. My spectacular, exceptional child. And no, I am not biased.

God bless you and make it your best day yet.

- Adolfo

No comments:

Post a Comment