Saturday, December 18, 2010

Day # 205 - Oh Well

I have to work today. My kids are on vacation. Aren't they lucky? I get a kick out of how kids complain about school. I used to do the same thing and now I'd kill to be back in school with no real responsibilities except doing your homework and being cool. For the record, I was no good at either.

Christmas is coming and Santa will bring them presents. We will enjoy and laugh and take pictures and video and then we'll trip over the toys and come November we'll give them away to make room for the new donations of the future.

I am going to Key West this week; not to party, to work. A night away from home. I don't have a problem with it, but the girls will probably be upset. I'll let you know if they're not, in which case, I will be.

I need to clean my garage. What a mess.

But first, I have to move my warehouse. Before that, I should have breakfast. Emily and I played the popcorn game this morning. She came to my room and laid down next to me. We pretend the popcorn ceiling is real popcorn and add butter, salt, cheeseburgers, whipped cream and all kinds of things one would never add to popcorn. Then we "eat" it and pop another batch. It occurred to me that she will always look at popcorn ceilings a little differently because of this game we play some mornings. This makes me smile. Then again, maybe she won't remember this. No matter, I will. Oh well.

Great, now I'm sentimental.

Make it a great day. God bless you. Enjoy your popcorn moments.

- Adolfo

No comments:

Post a Comment