Thursday, December 30, 2010

Day # 216 - Life In The Way

2010 is about to end and what can we say about it? I can't say much about the year that was except for my own year because I've sort of insulated myself from the world. It's been a good year for me. I'm happier than I was when it started. The last 216 days have changed me. I'm glad I took this project on.

Of course, there is still the longing for more. In my case, I find myself wanting more time. I find myself learning to appreciate the things that truly matter and wishing I could go back in time and enjoy the things I was missing when I was trying to be a man, or when I was angry at things beyond my control. I want to go back to the times when I let life get in the way of my life and change that. But I can't. All I can do is make sure that from here on out, I find that balance. Regrets will never amount to anything. Nothing was ever accomplished by looking at the past, or the future for that matter, and wishing.

Right now, life is keeping me from sleeping, so I respond by living, not by lying in bed, cursing the darkness. I write, I read, I learn. The sun will be up soon and the day will begin; another chance to get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment