Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Day # 194 - Way Beyond

I got on a conference call last night. This is remarkable because I was on this call representing someone I no longer work for. I am no saint, I am not superior to those who have the common sense not to work for someone they no longer work for. I made a promise to a client and kept it. The client is a travel agent / tour leader who is bringing some folks to South Florida for a cruise. He had asked if I would get on the phone with his clients and tell them about things to do in the area. I said yes.

Why? It took five minutes and greatly raised my stock in this client's eyes. He lives out on the Left Coast and it never hurts to have friends in the Bay Area. Besides, he's a really nice guy who took it pretty hard when he found out I had moved on.

Part of what I did on this call was shed a positive light on someone for whom I should have no positive feelings. It stands to reason that I am not happy with my former employer or they would be my current employer. The truth is, I have learned over the years that no matter what else happens, you must strive for excellence. I am not talking on a professional level, but on a human one.

Be a person of excellence. Do more than is expected and more than is asked. Do it without the expectation of reward. You'll be amazed at how much you can accomplish and you will discover that doing the right thing is a reward in itself.

Make it your best day yet. God bless you. Stay warm.

- Adolfo

No comments:

Post a Comment