Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day # 202 - What Next?

I committed to a year of this because it had a nice sound to it. "A Year Without News" sounded better than a "couple of weeks," "six months," or "until further notice" without news. Just over halfway through my year, I can say I have improved in many ways. I have learned patience and positivity. I have become more organized, I have clearer goals. I am obviously committed (or should be... to an institution.) I think I am a better father than I was 202 days ago. I think I am a better husband, too. My family disagree, but you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself. Rick Nelson was right about that, but I'm only kidding. My family is my number one priority. Always will be.

So, now that the positive thinking has started paying off; now that God and faith have seen me through the valley... what do I do with the next 163 days? What do I write about? What's my purpose in this thing? Do I continue writing about the lessons of each day? Book reports? My job is not fun to describe and if I did, it would only take about a paragraph. So... what else is there? I really don't know, and that's the beauty of this experiment. I've changed, but I am not done, not by a long shot. I am nowhere near being the person I am meant to be, the best person I can be.

I can still improve my attitude; I can improve myself physically; I can improve in my career, you know, climbing the old corporate ladder, I can grow spiritually. I guess the beauty of not knowing what's next is that I get to decide what it will be. I realize there are some things that are out of my control and I accept that. But the things I can control, I will control, and I will make them better in every way I can.

And that, my friends, is what's next.

God bless you. Make it your best day yet.

- Adolfo

No comments:

Post a Comment