Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Days # 214 & 215 - The Missing

I was in Key West again so I couldn't write. I guess I could have written last night when I got back, but I found it preferable to fall asleep on the couch watching Despicable Me with the girls. What is it about being alone away from home that makes you miss everything? Absence indeed makes the heart grow fonder.

I wonder how people do it. I think of long-distance truckers who are away from their families for long periods. I think of my close friend who moved to Georgia, temporarily leaving his family behind. How long his nights must have been. I think of the troops gone for months or years or forever, and I wonder how people do it. I was gone for one night and couldn't keep my eyes from welling up.

Maybe it's because we're still in the holidays and one of my sons is in Fort Myers and the other is in Philadelphia, while my daughters were home. I just want them all with me, but I know it can't be. I know fathers have to go out and do their work wherever that may lead them.

Time and distance, huh?

God bless you, make it your great day. Hug your babies.

- Adolfo

No comments:

Post a Comment